Back to reality

My holidays back home have finally come to an end. I say finally because we got caught up in the never-ending AirFrance's strike and have seen our flights cancelled twice. We ended up with a 5 days delay on our return date.
I must say I was kind of happy when I got the first "your flight has been cancelled" text message, the day before we were supposed to travel. It meant we got to spend a few more days with our families in Portugal, I got to see my sister one last time after their honeymoon and to play with our nephew and niece just a little bit more. But it was also stressful not knowing when we would be able to fly back to Australia, having to postpone work commitments and dealing with all the extra expense. I'm not that happy now, having to chase AirFrance and the travel insurance company to see what refunds we can get back.

But overall, we had an amazing vacation. My sister's wedding was definitely the highest point and I'm so happy I got to be there for her. They had the most beautiful ceremony and it was such a fun filled day! I might have been more nervous than the bride herself, as I helped her plan everything and had to make sure her big day ran as smoothly as possible. I was tired at the end of the day, but the happiness in her eyes was so worth it!


I really can't complaint, I got to enjoy the great Summer weather, some playdates on the beach, fun family parties, concerts and amazing food.
It was great to be back, to find the good friends I'm so lucky to still have there, meet the new babies in town and spend quality time with all our loved ones.


It wasn't the first time I went back to visit them, but this year it was just a little bit harder to say goodbye. It's always bittersweet, I was looking forward to come back too.
I have so much catching up to do with work and I have a lot of new ideas brewing. I'm hoping to launch a couple of new Halloween printables this month and to keep creating new themes for your parties. Now off to scratch some items off of my huge to-do list!

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© MyPartyDesign 2013. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.

09 10